The Yacht Job Quick Start Guide (Digital Download)
Do you want to land your first job on a yacht, but you have no idea where to begin? I know what it’s like when you’re trying to get started in the yachting industry, but you know nothing about it…
That’s why I created. The Yacht Job Handbook, a step by step guide that jump-starts the careers of aspiring yacht crew by equipping them with the tools and resources to land their first job in the yachting industry.
This book was written by Baker Manning of Bravo TV’s Below Deck. It’s intended to give potential crew insight about what it’s really like to work on a yacht, and information and techniques to help increase their chances of getting a job as quickly as possible, and keeping it! This guide is broken down into three parts:
- Get Inspired
- Get Hired
- Don’t Get Fired
Gain insight into the yachting industry, how it works, and decide whether or not it’s right for you.
- Break down each of the four entry-level yacht jobs, to decide which position is the best fit for you.
- Overview of worldwide work eligibility and requirements to help you figure out whether you are legally, physically, and mentally ABLE to work on a yacht.
- A step-by-step process for how to begin creating your strategic plan of action that will help you get hired as quickly and effortlessly as possible.
PART 2: GET HIRED
- Create a customized roadmap outlining everything you need to do to plan and execute a smooth transition with ease and efficiency
- Maximize your efficiency and make the most of your time and energy while job hunting, and networking so that you gain an edge in the competitive job market
- Gain experience in the industry, and get acquainted with various types of yachts, positions, and how to perform basic tasks and impress employers
- Learn how to prepare for an interview; the traits and skills that most yachts look for in new crew, and how to respond to the most common interview questions
PART 3: DON’T GET FIRED
- Transition seamlessly from land to sea, and mentally prepare yourself for life as a yachtie
- Gain an understanding of everyday tasks you’ll likely be doing as a newbie, and discover techniques for doing them effectively
- Avoid getting fired or making embarrassing and costly mistakes that are common amongst greenhorns