Folly Beach SC is not a “basic beach…” It’s the top choice for your Charleston bachelor or bachelorette beach bash! This guide is all about the Top 3 Charleston SC beaches that are great for a bachelorette party, and the 5 reasons Folly Beach SC is the best choice!
Getting salty, sweaty, sandy, and kicking it on the Beach with a group of friends is one of the best ways to spend the day in Charleston, and not to mention it’s the best hangover cure! Whether your crew is up & at it w/some pep in your step, or y’all are struggling hard- going to the beach is an activity that can cater to almost any state of mind or being.
THE TOP 3 CHARLESTON SC BEACHES FOR A BACHELOR OR BACHELORETTE PARTY OR WEEKEND GETAWAY ARE:
Isle of Palms.
Each of these three Charleston SC beaches has its own unique vibe, so you can find the perfect spot for your squad:
- For all of y’all active bachelorettes there is every type of water sport and outdoor excursion you could choose from.
- Have a DivaDance Party and slay like Beyonce while you learn dance choreography on a floating dock on The Folly River.
- Take a SUP paddle boarding safari, rent jet skis, or go kayaking on the Folly River.
- Check out the Folly Beach Cam to see if there is any good surf, if so give it a go!
- Go dolphin-sighting on a sailing excursion.
- For the low-key bachelorettes, you can max and relax in the sand and enjoy the scenery.
- If you want something to look at besides the ocean, post up at “The Washout”- one of the best known Folly Beach Surfing spots- to watch all the hottie surfer brahs rip it, while you sit back and enjoy the eye candy.
- Or head to Sullivan’s Island to watch extreme kiteboarders and windsurfers get launched up in the air at one of the top destinations in the Southeast for wind-powered water sports.
- Boozy babes can get their drank on all day long!
- Post up at one of Charleston’s beachfront bars like Blu Restaurant and Bar at The Tides Folly Beach, or The Windjammer in Isle of Palms for some daytime drinking and revelry.
- Rent a party boat and go on a booze cruise.
- Get #shipfaced on a boat for the bride-to-be’s last sail before the vail.
- Boujee babes can live it up in style:
- Rent a yacht and cruise the Charleston waterways in luxury while enjoying the beautiful views, and sippin’ on booze with your private #MermosaBar.
- Have a “spa-liday” and get pampered and primped at the Wild Dunes Resort and Spa in Isle of Palms SC.
FOLLY BEACH CHARLESTON SC IS NOT A "BASIC" BEACH
Like I said, all of the beaches near Charleston SC are beautiful and unique, catering to a diverse group of beach-goers and travelers. BUT when it comes to a bachelor or bachelorette beach bash, my personal favorite and top choice is Folly Beach SC, without a doubt! If you'd like to learn more about each beach >>CLICK HERE<< To view my Local's Guide to the Top Charleston SC Beaches.
Folly Beach has the best of all worlds- the party scene, the surf scene, a great town center with a lot of bars and restaurants, a tidal river that allows for boating and water activities, and it’s all within walking distance to the pier. I myself live on Folly Beach, so I may be a little partial... but I still think most locals would agree with me that it’s the best beach for a bachelor/ette bash or a big group weekend getaway in Charleston- so I’ll elaborate below.
5 REASONS FOLLY IS THE BEST BEACH FOR YOUR CHARLESTON SC BACHELORETTE OR BACHELOR BASH!
1. FOLLY BEACH SC IS NOT A #BASIC BEACH
- First of all- Folly Beach is NACHO AVERAGE BEACH- OK!? It’s one of the only beaches in Charleston that has halfway decent surf which attracts a big population of local surfers and travelers alike.
- Surfing, young people, and partying go hand in hand, so along with the surf culture comes a lot of bars and restaurants to eager to wet your whistle and fill your belly.
- Due to the geographic layout of the island & the Folly River, you can do lots of activities besides just straight beachin’ it.
- Some of the top things to do include paddleboarding, kayaking, or chartering a boat right on the river, renting bikes or even a golf cart.
- Cruise the whole town and cover some ground- hit up Folly Beach Bike Rentals or even snag a golf cart and check out the Morris Island Lighthouse, and the Folly Beach County Park.
- Go on a kayaking or paddle-boarding excursion with SUP Safari’s to tone up that beach bod, or burn off that epic brunch!
- So Folly Beach SC has a little somethin’ somethin’ for just about everyone- unless you’re just not going to the beach cause it’s “too sandy” in which case, you should just keep that to yourself.
2. SCANTILY CLAD EYE CANDY
- Speaking of sandy beaches- the phrase “don’t bring sand to the beach” is very applicable to Folly- because there will be scantily clad sandy eye candy roaming around in every direction-
- The high volume of good-looking beach-goers is one of the many reasons why this is the perfect beach for groups of people who are in the mood for booze, good times and tan lines.
3. YOU CAN MAX AND RELAX, OR GET TURNT UP
- Whether you prefer to splash around in the water, play games, or just max and relax in the sand, w/ a (concealed) drink in your hand, All y’all beachin’ babes & bros should be capable of having some fun in the sun… or at least take a siesta.
- By the time you start to feel like you’re getting a little burnt up- you and the crew can stumble into town to work on gettin’ turnt’ up, cause at Folly Beach you’ve got dozens of places to eat and drink all within’ walking distance to The Tides, Folly Beach.
4. FOLLY BEACH’S CENTER STREET IS PARTY FRIENDLY
- As you cross the bridge onto Folly Beach, you’ll cruise down Center Street. This area is the main drag of Folly where almost all of the shops, restaurants, and bars on the island are *centrally* located within a few blocks of each other.
- This little district is lined with a variety of establishments ranging from a relaxed & civilized atmosphere to a sweaty fist-pumping rage-fest, & everything in between…
- Compared to the other top Charleston SC beaches, In my opinion- Folly is the most “party friendly” option, where even the most ratchet baches might be able to fly under the radar if need be.
5. THE TIDES FOLLY BEACH
- The focal point of Center Street, right next to the Folly Beach Pier is where you’ll find The Tides Folly Beach Hotel, (or more importantly Blu Restaurant and Bar)- which is the only bar & oceanfront hotel on Folly Beach & one of the few in Charleston, period.
- You should just plan to post up on the beach in front of The Tides Folly Beach from the get-go. It’s in walking distance to all of the top attractions, bars, and restaurants on Folly Beach.
- In between dips in the ocean, you can get your drank on at Blu where there’s almost always live music or DJ’s all day on the weekends in the summertime.
Planning a Trip To Charleston SC? Check Out These Posts!
This post is a curated collection of some of my favorite bars and restaurants in downtown Charleston SC that I’ve frequented ever since I was a student at The College of Charleston. While a lot of them are well-known spots here in #Chucktown, some of them are hidden gems & dive bars that locals love, but most tourists don’t know about.
Charleston SC is a little city with a big food scene, and only the best restaurants survive. Competition is high in the Lowcountry, and choosing where to eat is difficult! If you’re trying to narrow down the best places to eat in Charleston SC for your weekend getaway this post will save you some time.
This post is the ultimate guide to Charleston SC Nightlife and Bars in 2020, and it’s geared towards big groups, bachelor and bachelorette parties, and really anyone looking to have a good time in Charleston!